FACULTY RESOURCES & TEXTBOOK REQUISITIONS
FACULTY COURSE MATERIALS REQUISITIONS
COURSE MATERIALS/TEXTBOOK REQUISITIONS DUE DATES:
- Winter 2018: 10/20/17
- Spring 2018: 01/26/18
- Summer 2018: 4/6/18
- Fall 2018: @ 4/20/18 (subject to change due to semester schedule)
We appreciate your efforts to cooperate with our due dates. In order to comply with the textbook information requirements of the Higher Education Opportunity Act, Cal Poly Pomona needs Bronco Bookstore to list adopted textbooks on our website by the time registration starts for each quarter. This information allows students to plan for all costs related to their courses.
Timely textbook information for each quarter is also critical for the Disability Resource Center to process alternate media requests for students who have difficulty using traditional printed materials. Typical turn-around for alternate media conversion of textbooks is 4-6 weeks - late faculty orders have a significant negative impact on student learning outcomes for these students.
SUBMIT ALL COURSE MATERIALS REQUISITIONS ONLINE
Bronco Bookstore’s Verba Collect
- Go to http://csupomona.verbacollect.com
- Click on the ‘Help I’m lost or I don’t have a password”
- You will be prompted for your email address- it must be an address with the @cpp.edu domain
- Verba Collect will be generate an email with instructions for you to you to complete your login setup
Brief Instructional video for faculty:
More tutorials are available when you have logged into Verba
More tutorials are available when you have logged into Verba Collect.
Once Verba Collect Hero requisitions are submitted and approved, they download into our store inventory management system for us to review and make adjustments if necessary.
If you have questions or need to supply additional info about a requisition you have submitted only, email email@example.com. Be sure to "CC" your department admin. if it includes book info!
TEXTBOOK REQUISITIONS: GENERAL INFORMATION
CAMPUS PROCEDURE ON TIMELY COURSE REQUISITIONS:
RULES TO REMEMBER FOR COURSE MATERIALS REQUISITIONS:
- BRONCO BOOKSTORE IS THE ONLY OFFICIALLY RECOGNIZED VENUE FOR COURSE MATERIALS INFORMATION FOR CAL POLY POMONA UNIVERSITY. Even if a given professor or department prefers for students to purchase books elsewhere, CSU system and CPP campus policy (ATI), state and federal legislation (AB 1548, AB 2477, HEOA 2008) require that timely, accurate information about books for CPP courses be posted at Bronco Bookstore.
- ALL ACADEMIC DEPARTMENTS ARE EXPECTED TO SUBMIT REQUISITIONS TO BRONCO BOOKSTORE (or “No Text Required” confirmations) FOR ALL COURSES OFFERED EACH QUARTER, in accordance with the Campus Policy on Timely Requisitions.
- “NO TEXT REQUIRED” Means that the course will not use textbooks, lab manuals, course readers, trade books or any form of printed materials that need to be purchased at all. Do NOT submit a class as “NO TEXT REQUIRED” if the professor uses a book but recommends that students buy off campus or online. Instead, submit the requisition with the correct book information, but use the comment section to let us know of the professor’s intentions so we can adjust order quantities accordingly.
- LATE REQUISITIONS: Please remember to submit requisitions even if you get a class or decide on a book well after the due date.We appreciate faculty cooperation with our requested due dates, but will accept textbook requisitions at any time as long as they are in accordance with the Campus Policy on Timely Requisitions.
- OLD AND NEW EDITIONS:
- A. Let us know which edition you prefer. We can often stock used copies of older editions if we have enough advance notice- in fact this is a great way to keep books more affordable for students
- B. We do NOT automatically accept publisher substitutions to the newest edition unless we know the professor is aware of the change.
- C. If you only want the new edition, make sure you note that in comments.
- BUNDLES & CUSTOM BOOKS: Be sure to let us know about bundles/packages or custom versions of books – use the “comments” field to explain and let us know whether all parts of a bundle are absolutely required. (NOTE: Bronco Bookstore will also stock used, unbundled versions of the main text in adopted bundles unless there is a compelling reason not to do so.)
- COURSEPACKS/READERS/MANUALS: If you are planning to produce a reader or write your own manual, please contact Stacie Shellner (firstname.lastname@example.org) our custom publishing specialist. For more information about our custom publishing services, please see the "CUSTOM PUBLISHING & COPYRIGHT" section on the Faculty Resources page of broncobookstore.com.
- MULTI-TERM CLASSES: Please let us know students in the second class of a series will continue to use the same book as in the first quarter. Submit the same book as “required” but with a requested quantity of just 1 or 2 – that lets us know to keep a couple around for students who transfer in to the class from another campus and don’t already have the book.
- LONG-TERM ADOPTIONS: Please use the comment section to let us know if this book order will be continued through future terms i.e. “book will stay the same every time class is offered for next two academic years” “will use same book next spring”. This helps us keep stock on hand and avoid unnecessary returns.
- DESK COPIES: Should be requested directly from the publisher by the department coordinator or professor. Book department staff will be happy to help you find the correct publisher contact information or sales rep. Professors who have requested a desk copy from the publisher but not received it in time may borrow a copy from our stock until their desk copy arrives, but must return the borrowed copy as soon as possible.
FACULTY CAP & GOWN INFORMATION
Bronco Bookstore offers faculty who need to rent commencement regalia a convenience of online order. Please click the banner or link below to visit our Faculty Regalia Page.
UNIVERSITY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES ON TEXTBOOK REQUISITIONS
The purpose of HEOA (Higher Education Opportunity Act) is to ensure that students have access to affordable course materials. This will be accomplished by decreasing costs to students and enhancing transparency at the time of registration with respect to the selection, purchase, sale, and use of course materials. It is the intent that this legislation will encourage all parties - faculty, administration, publishers, and students - to work together to identify ways to decrease the cost of college course materials while supporting the academic freedom of faculty.
COLLEGE TEXTBOOK TRANSPARENCY ACT – UNIVERSITY POLICY
CAMPUS PROCEDURE ON TIMELY COURSE REQUISITIONS(APPROVED 07/16/08)
RESEARCHING YOUR ADOPTIONS: Links to Book Databases
Faculty Center Network is a website where instructors can research different textbooks by discipline, author or publisher. Professors researching new adoptions can view table of contents, available supplements, national ranking information, other campuses using a particular text. You can also link to publishers to request desk copies.
Initial Login: 72465 Password: wfg159
NEWSLETTERS & FAQ’S FOR FACULTY
COURSE-PACKS/CUSTOM PUBLISHING & COPYRIGHT CLEARANCE
Custom Publishing Your Course-Pack or Self-Authored Work
Planning to produce your own custom materials or lab manual? We make it easy by handling all the details for you, from copyright clearance to production! In partnership with Graphics Services, Bronco Bookstore will help produce your lab manual, course notes, etc. according to your specifications, with a range of paper, binding & cover options available.
Custom projects produced through our service are guaranteed to be available for alt. media conversion for Disability Resource Center clients.
Contact our custom publishing specialist Stacie Shellner at email@example.com to submit a bibliography of articles/chapters to be used, or to make arrangements for your original work to be produced.
Copyright Clearance Services:
- Coursepacks/Readers/Anthologies: We take care of requesting permission for every article, chapter or excerpt you want to include in your course.
- Out of Print Works: The book you love is out of print? You might not have to give it up. If you can supply an original, clean copy that we can scan as a master, we will try to obtain permission to duplicate the entire work.
- Timing: Many works are pre-cleared by Copyright Clearance Center, but not all. Please allow at least 4 weeks before you need to use the work for us to arrange all the necessary permissions.
Cal Poly Pomona Copyright Info:
Copyright @ Cal Poly Pomona http://www.cpp.edu/copyright/, has been developed to help the Cal Poly Pomona community and to address the institution’s obligations under the federal Technology, Education, and Copyright Harmonization (TEACH) Act of 2002. The site contains educational materials about Fair Use and TEACH Act exemptions to the copyright law which allow the use of copyrighted materials for scholarship, teaching, and learning. It also contains tools to help guide decision-making when one considers whether to use a resource protected by copyright.
TEXTBOOK DEPARTMENT CONTACTS
- Stacie Shellner, Faculty Requisitions & Special Orders Coordinator x.3751 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stacie Shellner, Custom Publishing/Course-pack Coordinator x.3751 email@example.com
- Kevin Jensen, Course Materials Manager t x3752 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stephanie Rowen, Book Information/Customer Service Desk x.3754 email@example.com
- John-David Amador, Textbook Receiving & Logistics x.4189, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suzanne Donnelly, Associate Director x.3284 email@example.com
- Clint Aase, Bookstore Director x.3762 firstname.lastname@example.org
PUBLISHER/DESK COPY REQUEST LINKS
(Wadsworth , Southwest, Course Technology, Duxbury, Delmar)
SPECIAL ORDERS/BOOK EVENTS
Bronco Bookstore welcomes faculty and department special orders, and requests for special book events. Please email our Special Orders Coordinator Stacie Shellner (email@example.com) with the following information:
- ISBN (if known):
- Date needed by*:
- Payment method (Foundation account, chartfield string or p-card) to be used
- If for a book event, location, date and time of event:
ACADEMIC TECHNOLOGY & SOFTWARE DISCOUNTS
Bronco Bookstore offers faculty and staff academic discounts on software such as Microsoft Office for around $19.00 or less and discounted purchase prices on Apple computers, tablets and phones. Please visit Bronco Tech located inside the Bronco Bookstore for more information on:
- Adobe Software Discounts & Licenses
- Microsoft Office & Windows Discounts
- Discounts on Apple Computers
- Discounts on Apple Tablets
- Seasonal Discounts on Apple Phones
- Seasonal Discounts on Smart Phones
- Discounts on Apple Accessories
- Other technology discounts
- Verizon CPP employee discount program
- AT&T CPP employee discount program
Services Available: (Not discounted)
- Device Trade-In Service
- Device/Computer Repair Services